Pages

Friday, August 4, 2017

How to Make Money Selling Your Old Clothing

Being a fashion lover means that you often have a surplus of clothing. If you're like me and have limited closet space, you might have a rule like for every new thing that comes in, an old thing has to come out. Or maybe you purge by season. Whatever the way, there are clothes to get rid of and many options to do so. Charity probably comes to mind - and I do donate - but first I sell. I need to support my habit you see, and to do that I'd like to offset some of the new clothing costs by selling my old clothing online. Enter Poshmark.

This little app lets you post your unwanted items in under 2 minutes and then allows you to list them to over a million people who are looking for clothes to buy! Talk about a target audience. Selling items is a snap too. The buyer pays shipping so when something of yours is purchased you will receive a printable shipping label via email. Just print it out, box up your item, slap the label on and shove it in your mailbox for pickup.

As you sell you accumulate a balance stored on Poshmark. You can choose to transfer it to your bank or you can use it to buy on Poshmark. I've found a lot of great closet gems for WAY less than retail. I've been using Poshmark for a few years now and have made thousands of dollars back. Here is how it works and here is my closet if you want to see one in action! As you can see from my stats, it's worth your time.



There is some care and keeping that you need to do to ensure you cultivate a following and that your closet stays in front of potential buyers. I can go into more detail if you'd like to hear more. Just let me know in the comments and I'll queue up a part II for a future post. If you want to sign-up, use my personal code HTUIR to get $5 off your first order.








No comments:

Post a Comment