Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Simple Breakfast Smoothie

I'm obsessed with this breakfast smoothie. It's easy to make, easy to transport and on workday mornings, easy is my thang. I got the recipe out of the recipe book that came with my Nutribullet Pro which I dutifully ignored for the last year. Big mistake, that book has some good recipes in it!

When I'm working from home, I just blend this stuff up, throw it in a mason jar and top it off with an IKEA SOTVATTEN Drinking Straw. I know, random that I prescribe a specific straw but these straws are wide (where are my McDonald's fans at?) and they are perfect for sipping on thick, yummy smoothies. When I head to the office, I just throw the dry ingredients and the blueberries in a small container and blend it up when I get there. I work in tech and we are fortunate enough to have a blender, fruit and all types of milk at our disposal.

Here's my set-up. I get all my goods at Trader Joe's. Throw in 1/2 cup oats, 1 TBS chopped walnuts, 1 TBS chia seeds, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, 1 banana (break it up) and then pour unsweetened original flavored almond milk until it covers the ingredients or until the max line on your Nutribullet. Blend for 30 seconds. I hope you like it. I have another breakfast obsession that tastes like cookie dough but is actually healthy. That will be coming up soon.

https://suburbansavvy.blogspot.com/2017/08/breakfast-smoothie.html



No comments:

Post a Comment