Pages

Friday, August 11, 2017

Arugula, Mozzarella, Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad

I realize whining about the heat when you live in California is frowned upon but it's not supposed to get this hot here! I feel lethargic, I'm sticky and man oh man am I cranky. When I'm overheated, there is just no way I am turning on an oven or standing over a hot pan or BBQ (not that I know how to BBQ, just sayin'). I find that heat curbs my appetite (which is basically impossible) so something light is a must. Like a summer salad!

I'm a BIG fan of arugula but if you aren't, you can easily replace it with any lettuce you are a big fan of. I just think the peppery flavor of the arugula compliments this salad particularly well. There are no hard and fast rules with this recipe. Use as much or as little as you like of any of the ingredients (listed blow). You know, a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc would be a nice touch. Don't mind if I do!




Ingredients
Arugula
Mini mozzarella cheese balls (bocconcini)
Thinly sliced prosciutto (torn)
Cantaloupe (chunks)
Balsamic vinegar (drizzle)
Olive oil (drizzle)
Pepper




No comments:

Post a Comment